Tourist Visa for UK
If you're looking at making a trip to the United Kingdom for a short period of time, for a holiday, to visit friends/family or for business purposes, British law mandates that you would have to apply for a visa.
EMBASSY FEE: APPROX 9000/- INR
PROCESSING TIME : APPROX 2 WEEKS
Tourist visa to the UK can apply for either of the two types mentioned below:1. Short Stay Visa- generally up to 6 months
2. Long Term Visitor Visa- up to 2, 5 or 10 years.
A long term visitor visa can be applied for if the applicant can submit proof that frequent visits to the UK would be required over a period of time, and that the purpose of those visits would remain the same over the duration of the visa period.The application process for a UK tourist visa is to be submitted to the UK High Commission or UK Visa Application Centers situated across the country. The visa application can be made online or in person.
Eligibility Criteria For UK Tourist Visa
- Proof of return on the scheduled date.
- Proof you can take care of your financial expenses while in the UK.
- Proof of any activities (business or otherwise) you wish to participate in that fall within the framework of permitted activities, while in the UK.
- For long term visa applications, the applicant has to prove that he/she has a recurrent need to visit the UK and that the purpose of the visit will remain constant for the duration of the visa.
- In case of visa applications for medical treatment, applicants should provide documentation of the treatment, have made arrangements for funding the treatment as well as prove they will leave the UK on completion of treatment.
Documentation For UK Tourist Visa
- Travel document or valid passport .
- A translation of any document that is not in English or Welsh.
- Financial statements that prove the applicant can support himself/herself during the course of the trip.
Additional documents if the purpose of the visit is for:
- Entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Private medical treatment.
- Organ donation.
- Academics on a sabbatical.
- Academic purposes- to sit the Objective Structures Clinical Examination or the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board.